I suggest you ...

Authenticate against Azure Active Direcory (AD)

Please add Azure Active Directory as authentication method. Small businesses don´t need or have an ADFS.

146 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jens Willmer shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kristoffer Ryeng commented  · 

Mike: There are quite a few users working with huge files, (1-100GB) with a need of local access as OneDrive neither supports or would be very efficient for such files, especially when you don't have too high speed Internet connection.

In matter of security, I cant see how it should be less secure using AAD (preferably with option for MFA activated)? I would dare to say that the security team of Microsoft gives the users higher level of security than the QNAP engineers, and letting the NAS communicate with AAD authentications services from the inside, doesn't necessarily mean exposing the NAS from the Internet-side...

• Mike commented  · 

-1 as it makes no sense in terms of security and targets of a NAS/SAN probably users waiting for this would be better using Onedrive, as if your Users are in the Cloud, anybody having access to the Userdatabase could gain access to you NAS -> nonsense

• Andres commented  · 

It's May 2017, any progress on this?

• Keven commented  · 

yes please

• Egor commented  · 

Yes, we need this one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base